Download a transcript of this video (in process)
ABOUT THIS EPISODE
Did you know that herbs can replace salt in many food dishes?!
Herbs can be a great addition to your landscape and creative meals in your kitchen! They are low-maintenance, colorful, and can provide some great scents in your garden. In food dishes, herbs add flavor, color, and nutrition (a great replacement for salt, for example). Learn how different varieties of herbs can add their own unique tastes to various recipes, plus which herbs overwinter well for a longer harvest season.
GET THE FACTS!
We have several free fact sheets available on Ohioline to learn more about growing, storing, and using herbs. Check them out:
- Selecting, Storing, and Using Fresh Herbs
- Modifying a Recipe to Be Healthier
- Food Preservation: Preserving Herbs: Freezing and Drying
- Infused Water with Ohio Local Foods
- Attracting Pollinators to the Garden
There's a lot more info on herbs coming to this page soon!