The OSU Extension community development program review is the second of a series of OSU Extension reviews.
The purpose of a program review is to guide program development on a continual basis. A program review is a process that evaluates the status, effectiveness, and progress of programs and helps identify future direction and priorities. Program reviews are a standard practice in community development (Maloney & Gatfield, 2019)) and higher education (Barak, 1082; Barak & Berdahl, 1978; Berrett, D., 2011). The OSU Extension community development program review is a voluntary practice for self-study and external review.
The review includes these essential elements:
- The State of Community Development in Ohio
- Report prepared by Dr. Greg Davis and Gage Smith
- Ohio State University Extension Community Development Internal Self-Study
- Report led by Dr. Greg Davis, Gage Smith, and OSU Extension Community Development team
- Ohio State University Crowdsourcing Insight Summary
- Research and report generated by Dr. Debby Lewis, Amy Elhadi, and Brian Butler from OSU Extension Learning and Organizational Development
- External committee visits and Final Report from the External Review Committee
- In-person visits were held in September 2019 on campus. Committee members represented diverse perspectives of community development programs varying in size, scope, and geographic location. The committee submitted a final report outlining observations and insights.
- Reflection with Extension leadership, program teams, advisory councils, and Ohio Joint Council of Extension professionals leadership
- Key stakeholder communication throughout the process
- In response to the Final Report from the External Review Committee, OSU Extension Community Development professionals developed strategies to address the reviewers’ findings and recommendations. View these in the Action Strategies Report.
OSU Extension program reviews are conducted on behalf of Dr. Jackie Kirby Wilkins, interim director of OSU Extension for the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences. The OSU Extension Community Development Program Review was led by Dr. Julie Fox and Dr. Greg Davis, with support from Michelle Gaston and Terri Fisher.