Faculty in the Department of Extension represent subject matter from the College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences; the College of Education and Human Ecology; the College of Veterinary Medicine (and others), and are an integral part of The Ohio State University. To maintain this strength, careful consideration is afforded to the promotion of faculty as they progress through their Extension careers.
Achievement of promotion and/or tenure requires a record of excellence in past performance and a promising forecast that a faculty member’s intellectual vitality and future contributions will continue to be of high quality.
Specific criteria and procedures for Department of Extension faculty appointments, promotion, and tenure are described in the Department of Extension APT document found at go.osu.edu/osuepolicyhandbookpromotiontenure. The Department of Extension APT document aligns with university guidance pertaining to promotion and tenure review in volume 3 of the OAA handbook found at https://oaa.osu.edu/sites/default/files/uploads/handbooks/policies-and-procedures/HB3.pdf.
More specific information is found in the following:
- Instructions for Faculty Dossier Submission
- Non-Mandatory Review Timeline-Calendar
- Mandatory 6th Year Review Timeline-Calendar
- Mandatory 4th Year Review Timeline-Calendar
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th Year Review Timeline-Calendar
- A&P Request for Faculty Position Timeline-Calendar
For more information, contact the OSU Extension director’s office:
- Greg Davis (email@example.com), department chair and associate director, programs
- Terri Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org), 614-292-3860, office administrative associate