CFAES Give Today
OSU Extension

College of Food, Agricultural, and Environmental Sciences


Insurance Coverage – Visiting Private Property

(as of June 2017)

When asking an individual to allow OSU Extension program participants to access his or her property for an OSU Extension activity, the individual landowner may be provided a letter to be covered as an additional insured under the Ohio State insurance policy for this one-time activity.

The attached form letter may be used by county educators to name individual landowners as additional insureds on the university's insurance plan for specific OSU Extension activities. The letter should not be used for reoccuring events or events held on private property owned by a business that otherwise require a contract to be executed between OSU Extension and the landowner. Contact Kirk Bloir, OSU Extension assistant director and state 4-H leader, if you have questions about whether this letter is appropriate to use for your OSU Extension activity.