Ohio is considered "ground zero" for the opioid epidemic devastating the nation. Listed below are several links to additional information about this crisis.
- Governor's Cabinet Opiate Action Team
- Ohio Attorney General's Office – Mike DeWine, Ohio Attorney General
- Ohio Attorney General Announces Program to help Families Hurt by Opioid Epidemic – WOSU Public Media (March 22, 2017)
- "Society is moving from a Criminal Justice-Based Model to a Public Health Approach"
- ...learn more in Highlights of the Surgeon General's Report on Alcohol, Drugs and Health – Facing Addiction in America
- What is heroin and how is it used? – National Institute on Drug Abuse Research Report Series
- 2015 Ohio Drug Overdose Date: General Findings – Ohio Department of Health
- Where opiates killed the most people in 2015 – The Washington Post
- OxyContin, other narcotic pain pills still plentiful in Ohio – The Columbus Dispatch
- The True Tale of America's Opiate Epidemic: Dreamland – Sam Quinones
- Increases in Drug and Opioid-Involved Overdose Deaths: United States, 2010-2015 – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (December 16, 2016)
- Public Health 3.0: Time for an Upgrade – American Journal for Public Health