OSU Extension will host five “Planning for the Future of Your Farm” workshops across Ohio during winter 2018. These planning workshops are designed to help farm families develop a succession and estate plan for their farm business. Attend and learn ways to successfully transfer management skills and the farm’s business assets from one generation to the next. Learn how to have the crucial conversations about the future of your farm.
This workshop will challenge farm families to actively plan for the future of the farm business. The featured speakers for this event will include: Robert Moore, attorney, Wright & Moore Law Company; Peggy Hall, agricultural and resource law field specialist, OSU Extension; David Marrison, educator, OSU Extension – Ashtabula County; and Chris Bruynis, educator, OSU Extension – Ross County. Farm families are encouraged to bring members from each generation to the workshop. Plan today for the future success of your family business!
The workshops will be offered at the following locations.
- Knox County: January 11 and 18, 6-9:30 pm. Held at Brandon Baptist, 13513 Sycamore Road, Mount Vernon, Ohio
- Clinton County: January 19, 9-3:30 pm. Held in community room of the Clinton County office of OsU Extension, 111 South Nelson Ave, Wilmington, Ohio
- Williams County: February 5, 9:30am-4pm. Held at the Williams County office of OSU Extension, 1425 East High Street, Bryan, Ohio
- Coshocton County: February 23, 9-4pm. Held in Montgomery Hall on the Central Ohio Technical College Coshocton Campus (200 N Whitewoman St, Coshocton, Ohio)
- Darke County: February 27, 9:30 am-4pm. Held at Romers, 118 E Main St, Greenville, Ohio
Each program flier is posted online.