FACT Field Day
Pre-registration is required, with a $15 registration fee that covers lunch. Payment can be made with credit card.
The agenda will feature nitrogen management, phosphorus management, water quality and equipment for fertilizer placement. Each program varies slightly to utilize on-site resources. Refer to the site agenda for complete details.
- Nitrogen management will cover pre-sidedress Nitrogen soil test for N, use of NDVI meters in N rate determinations, using maximum return to nitrogen models and late season N applications.
- Phosphorus management will include results of long term P and K studies, reading a soil test report and determining P fertilizer rates.
- Water quality will include nutrient movement from edge of field results and drainage water management recommendations.
Field demonstration will include:
- Equipment for granular fertilizer placement and late season N application to corn.
- Using manure as a nutrient source to replace commercial fertilizer purchases and fully utilize N.
For more information, visit http://agcrops.osu.edu/events/western-ars-nutrient-management-field-day.
Please note a similarly formatted field day is planned for September 14 at the Farm Science Review site, London, Ohio. Announcement and registration for this event will occur in early August.