Agronomic Crops Team Spring Meeting
Everyone interested in being an active member of the Agronomic Crops Team is invited to attend the spring meeting. Please join us at the 4-H center (International Room) on March 25. Attached and below is the agenda for the meeting.
Please RSVP by March 22 at: https://go.osu.edu/2022agcropsspringmeeting.
Thanks, Amanda Douridas and Laura Lindsey
- 9:00-9:15 Welcome + General Updates from Sam Custer (include open position update)
- 9:15-9:30 Introductions
- 9:30-10:30 Committee Updates
- On-farm research (Bruce Clevenger; see email sent for Call for Reports)
- Professional Development (Lee Beers; written report)
- Farm Science Review (Jason Hartschuh)
- Weather Extremes (Aaron Wilson; written/video update)
- Soil Health (Tony Nye)
- Alternative crops (Laura Lindsey/Osler Ortez)
- CORN newsletter survey (Clint Schroeder)
- Field specialist updates from Glen Arnold, Greg LaBarge, and Elizabeth Hawkins
- Committee Sign-up?
- 10:30-10:45 Break
- 10:45-11:30 On-Farm Research
- Elizabeth Hawkins - eFields Update
- Horacio Lopez-Nicora - fungicide trial discussion
- Chia Lin/Reed Johnson - pollinator trial discussion
- 11:30-12:30 Lunch/Networking Time
- 12:30-1:30 Winter Programming Discussion; What Worked and What Didn’t Work
- Weed Programming (Tony Nye)
- Corn College/Soybean School (Amanda Douridas); share survey results
- 1:30-2:00 Any inservices needed? Training in Wooster? Field walks? Diagnostics?
- 2:00 Any other business? Networking and adjourn