4-H Fundamentals – Spring/Summer Focus
What are 4-H Fundamentals?
- 4-H Fundamentals are an effort to provide some focused training on key topics at a timely point in the year in order to better prepare 4-H professionals to handle their new (or not so new) role.
- This opportunity is geared toward new professionals, but is open to anyone with a 4-H appointment regardless of current experience.
What topics will be discussed?
- Fair Board & County Office Relationships
- Managing Difficult Conversations
- Winning 4-H Plan
- Camp Critical Thinking
- Incorporating Workforce Development in Your Summer Programming
- SPIN Clubs
Is there a registration fee to attend?
- There is no registration fee (however, your county is responsible for paying your mileage), and lunch is included!
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- Please come prepared with a get to know you / icebreaker activity that you may use with adults or teen leaders to share.
- You will also likely want to bring a laptop and/or paper/writing utensil to take notes.
Will you be recording the training?
- This training will only be provided in person – no recordings/virtual options will be available, however we plan to provide other virtual professional development opportunities in the future.
Can I only attend part of the training?
- We strongly encourage attending the training in its entirety. However if you are only able to attend for part of the day, please talk directly to Sarah or Hannah about this option.
When is registration due?
- May 13 at 9:00 a.m. at go.osu.edu/fundamentals.