4-H Fundamentals – Fall Focus
What are 4-H Fundamentals?
- 4-H Fundamentals are an effort to provide some focused training on key topics at a timely point in the year in order to better prepare 4-H professionals to handle their new (or not so new) role.
- This opportunity is geared toward new professionals, but is open to anyone with a 4-H appointment regardless of current experience.
- 4-H colleagues from across the state are invited to present on relevant topics for the time of year, so you’ll get to hear from several different county 4-H professionals.
What topics will be discussed?
- School / STEM / Innovative Programming
- Diversifying Your 4-H Programming
- Volunteer Recruitment, Training, and Annual Updates
- Club Files and Financial Management
- Communicating with Your 4-H Families
Is there a registration fee to attend?
- There is no registration fee (however, your county is responsible for paying your mileage), and lunch is included!
Do I need to bring anything with me?
- Please come prepared with a get-to-know-you / icebreaker activity that you may use with adults or teen leaders to share.
- You will also likely want to bring a laptop and/or paper/writing utensil to take notes.
Will you be recording the training?
- This training will only be provided in person – no recordings/virtual options will be available, however we plan to provide other virtual professional development opportunities in the future.
Can I only attend part of the training?
- We strongly encourage attending the training in its entirety. However if you are only able to attend for part of the day, please talk directly to Sarah or Hannah about this option.
When is registration due?
- Please register by September 25 at 9 a.m. at https://go.osu.edu/fundamentals.