Overarching goal: To keep Ohio State’s community safe, while recognizing that a gradual and deliberate return to on-campus activities is key to the university’s land-grant mission.
Effective January 16, 2021 – OSU Extension county offices will be open with limited staffing. Each county’s arrangement will be different, depending on a local staffing plan coordinated with Extension administration. Counties will continue to take into consideration local COVID-19 circumstances, and they will continue to follow the guidelines around the Ohio Health Advisory System Map. Connect with your local office online or by calling the office. Visit extension.osu.edu/lao for your county’s specific contact information.
At this time, in-person programming will resume after January 15, but it will still need to be conducted in accordance with existing approved exemptions. OSU Extension and Ohio State will continue to evaluate and update plans based on evolving conditions with COVID-19.
When Extension employees are not in the county office, they continue to telework. We are following strict guidelines to remain safe, and to keep our clientele safe as well. All service sector requirements for general office environments from the Ohio Department of Health will be strictly adhered to in each office.
- Principle #1: Protect the individual emotional and physical health and safety of Ohio State faculty and staff, as well as their families, our clientele, and communities.
- Principle #2: Take precautions that follow or exceed all cognizant local, state, and national public health authority directives, including but not limited to teleworking (when possible), physical distancing, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Principle #3: Protect and continue our Extension missions by implementing strategies, plans, and new practices that ensure resiliency and give us more flexibility and the ability to pivot during COVID-19.
- Principle #4: Support college/unit strategies and goals.
- Principle #5: Live our CFAES values including: a fuller definition of scholarship; lifespan learning; diversity and inclusion; integrity and accountability; and permeable borders.
- Principle #6: Provide guidance that is straightforward and transparent, reasoned and responsible, and as flexible as possible; and disseminate that guidance promptly and widely.