Ohioans have the knowledge and resources they need to actively engage in creating conditions in which they thrive.
We create opportunities for people to explore how science-based knowledge can improve social, economic and environmental conditions.
In Extension, we value:
Teamwork and partnerships
Integration of science and local knowledge
Respectful community engagement
Credibility, honesty and integrity
Innovation, flexibility and adaptability
Relevance and responsiveness
Diversity in all of its forms
The contributions of all people toward achieving organizational and societal goals
As Extension educators, we:
- Focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership, youth, and family issues.
- Engage people in lifelong learning.
- Apply knowledge and practical research to the diverse needs and interests
of Ohioans in rural, suburban, and urban communities.
- Extend resources of The Ohio State University.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension's efforts
while developing their leadership potential.
- Enhance teamwork through networking and connectedness.
- Link youth, family, and community needs to scholars in Ohio and nationwide.
- Teach with cutting-edge strategies using new technologies and approaches.
- Addresses both urban and rural social and economic issues.
- Works to enhance and sustain the environment and quality of place in Ohio,
helping to attract human capital and new ventures.
- Emphasizes youth development and leadership,
helping to provide the next generation of new economy workers and leaders.
- Has a track record of applying technology to agricultural production.
This enhances marketing and productivity to help Ohio compete in the highly competitive, global marketplace.