The Ohio Centennial Celebration executive committee has developed a set of objectives that we ask all of our Extension professionals to incorporate when planning local activities to celebrate the Cooperative Extension Centennial in 2014.
Increase general awareness of Extension.
- Share "images" that illustrate the breadth, depth and successes of OSU Extension.
- Demonstrate the flexibility of Extension to adapt programming and anticipate the needs of Ohioans.
Showcase that Extension is about "scholarship."
- Illustrate how Extension uses research-based information and applied scientific knowledge to improve lives, communities and businesses.
Explore major issues and describe a vision for the future of Extension.
- Build the capacity of the organization to be better prepared for and engage in planning for the future.
- Engage staff and stakeholders in dialogue about major issues and the future.
- Develop a vision for the future of Extension, with attention to societal trends and critical issues that will impact program priorities, delivery systems, financial models, and staffing.
Show the value in Extension partnerships.
- Celebrate current partners and identify new partners.
- Consider new audiences and alternative funding sources.