Founded in 1986 at Ohio State University Extension, the Alpha Chapter premiered as the first professional association for support staff and program assistants within Extension and was patterned after Epsilon Sigma Phi. Chi Epsilon Sigma's logo symbolizes the three L's: Life, Loyalty and Learning. The circle is endless, which signifies the endless number of friends you will make in this organization.
The purpose of this Fraternity shall be to maintain the standards and ideals, uphold the morale, prestige and respect of Ohio State University Extension Support Staff, to develop an effective working relationship and a spirit of fraternal fellowship among the present and emeriti employees of Ohio State University Extension and to encourage professionalism within Extension.
Donations can be made to the CES fund: http://go.osu.edu/CESGiveNow
We are getting ready for a possible in-person Silent Auction in December at the 2022 Extension Annual Conference in support of the Support Staff Excellence Award! We would be very grateful to have additional volunteers this year! Please email Terri Fisher at email@example.com if you would like to serve with us. Please indicate if you would like to part of the committee, or prefer to be hands-on at the conference only (in the event that it is indeed in-person).
Now is a great time to start planning your donation submission, if you would like to participate in that way. Here are some tips to help get started:
- Summer is fair time! Snap up any unique items that might be showcased at your county’s fair!
- Share your special talent! Do you sew, do woodwork, paint, make jewelry, bake, etc.?
- Promote your business! Are you an independent seller for a company that sells purses, jewelry, makeup...?
- Promote your community! Know of local/statewide businesses that would love to donate products or gift certificates for some additional publicity around the state?
- Team-building opportunity! Whether you are a county- or state-based office, consider this an opportunity for a fun team project and donate a themed basket or individual item. If there is something unique about your county, consider that as a theme. We would be honored to have a donation from every county/office!
Thanks again for your support.