Program Assistant Participation in Professional Development
- It is key that county directors and immediate supervisors be involved in decisions concerning program and support staff participation in professional development to work through issues related to costs of participation.
- Program Assistants are encouraged to participate in program focused in-services appropriate to their position responsibilities with prior approval of their immediate supervisor and county director.
- FNP Program Assistants and FNP Educators are encouraged to attend their respective training conferences with immediate supervisor and county director approval.
- All other Program Assistants (not FNP or EFNEP) may choose to participate in the Support Staff Annual Conference or the OSU Extension Annual Conference with immediate supervisor and county director approval.
- Support Staff are encouraged to participate in the Support Staff Annual Conference, with immediate supervisor and county director approval. Sessions at this event will be targeted to office support staff. There will not be a specific track for program assistants.
- Assistant Directors and Center/State Specialist teams are encouraged to incorporate appropriate training for program assistants, opportunities for dialogue, and sharing of resources into ongoing programmatic professional development opportunities.
Administrative Cabinet: effective 1/15/98