Engaging people to strengthen their lives and communities through research-based educational programming.
OSU Extension is a dynamic educational entity that partners with individuals, families, communities, business and industry, and organizations to strengthen the lives of Ohioans.
In Extension, we value:
- Excellence in educational programming.
- Grassroots programs that engage local people in solving problems and addressing challenges.
- Unbiased research-based information.
- Practical education that helps people help themselves.
- Timely responses to clientele concerns.
- Credibility with clientele and funders.
- Honesty and integrity in our work.
- Teamwork within offices, with clientele, and with our educational partners.
- Flexibility/adaptability in local programming.
- Programming without discrimination, and employment of people representing the diverse population of Ohio.
As Extension educators, we:
- Focus on critical economic, environmental, leadership, youth, and family issues.
- Engage people in lifelong learning.
- Apply knowledge and practical research to the diverse needs and interests of Ohioans in rural, suburban, and urban communities.
- Extend resources of The Ohio State University.
- Recruit and develop volunteers to multiply Extension's efforts while developing their leadership potential.
- Enhance teamwork through networking and connectedness.
- Link youth, family, and community needs to scholars in Ohio and nationwide.
- Teach with cutting-edge strategies using new technologies and approaches.
- Addresses both urban and rural social and economic issues.
- Works to enhance and sustain the environment and quality of place in Ohio, helping to attract human capital and new ventures.
- Emphasizes youth development and leadership, helping to provide the next generation of new economy workers and leaders.
- Has a track record of applying technology to agricultural production. This enhances marketing and productivity to help Ohio compete in the highly competitive, global marketplace.